In the interest of full-disclosure, I thought I’d share the ridiculous list of resolutions and goals for 2011 that I wrote down before my moment of inspiration – or should I say sanity?
- Use up freezer and pantry food.
- Have a nothing new month.
- Go without alcohol for one month.
- Introduce a stretching routine into my exercise schedule.
- Do a complete home inventory.
- Spend a month fixing all of the little things that are broken in my house.
- Schedule a month of canning – expand beyond tomatoes.
- Try walking the dog every day for a month, even in the rain.
- Save up six months salary.
- Finish my thesis and defend before April 29th.
- Exercise five days a week.
- E-mail my parents every day.
- Submit article on thesis for publication.
- Plan and implement niece’s 16th birthday trip.
- Get to London again.
- Give an ark to Heifer International.
- Design my Halloween costume sometime before the 30th of October.
Ok. I’m exhausted. And this isn’t even the whole list.
You know the best part, my January resolution – the one I eventually picked – it’s not even on this list.
I’m embracing my inner P!